Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gavin and Kailee: Polar Opposites!

Kailee Kailee Kailee... All I can say is that that child is a performer.  She EATS up any and all attention on her.  She's such the opposite of Gavin who is more self-conscious (like his mom).  It's so funny to see how completely polar opposite they are.  I can already tell, Gavin is going to be like me--very set in his ways, having and following his very rigid ideas of right v. wrong, and freaking out in new situations.  Kailee is going to be trouble!  She is mischevious, manipulative, the ringmaster, and absolutely adorable.  World watch out for her!

The only thing I worry about with Gavin is that is sense of how things should be might inhibit him from taking risks.  That's how it has always been with me.  I think I'm better as an adult but still it is hard for me to accept things outside of my realm of how I think it should be.

For example, I always had it in my head that people drank in college and that it was not okay in high school.  I had the opportunity to drink in high school but it COMPLETELY freaked me out.  I could not handle the thought because it was outside of my comfort zone of what I believed was right.  Thus, I NEVER drank in high school.  I stayed far away from it. 

In many ways, I'm thankful for this "conscience" but I also see how it prevents me from doing things I deem "impossible for me."  Of course, God has shown me that I am wrong in some cases.  For example, I did not believe for one milisecond that I could survive a deployment.  I did not think I could live physically apart from Brady.  And God showed me that I am stronger than I give myself credit.

It does make me feel good that Gavin may have a fairly influential conscience.  I just don't want him to have the constant and inhibiting anxiety that may limit his dreams for himself.  On the flip side, it may mean he will always live near me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment