Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Card and Sad Day :(

Here's our 2010 Christmas Card.



On a sadder note, my great grandmother Michie passed away yesterday of stomach cancer.  We found out in November (I believe) that she had 2 tumors and that the cancer had already spread to her lymph nodes.  The doctors gave her 6 months and she seemed pretty good for awhile.  Last week Gavin told me, "God told me Michie's gonna die soon."  I thought he had just been hearing us talking, so I responded, "No, not that soon." 

Fast forward to this past Monday.  We found out that the tumors were possibly eating through her stomach lining.  Thus she began getting morphine round the clock to keep her comfortable.  Gavin told me, "God told me Michie's gonna die on Thursday."  He also told me not to worry that the angels would take Michie up to heaven and that God would make her alive in heaven.  He kept saying it all week.  Yesterday morning on Thursday, December 16, 2010, Michie went to heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thinking about you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your huge loss. This post gave me goose bumps. Sounds like Gavin might be the next Billy Graham.

    ReplyDelete