Saturday, October 8, 2011

L-J's review of My Heart Remembers by Kim Vogel Sawyer

My Heart Remembers might be the biggest tear-jerker I've ever read.  I cried through the first 70 pages, at various points within, and through the last 50 pages.

This is the story of 3 Irish-immigrant orphans in the late 1800s through the early 1900s being split up as young children and reuniting 20 years later.  I guess I should have realized from the synopsis that it would make me cry... A LOT.

Overall, it was a page-turner.  I literally could not put it down.  As a huge fan of historical fiction, I thoroughly enjoyed this story of children sent on the "orphan trains," something I did not know about my nation's history.  I could easily see this story translating well on film as there's never a dull moment--obviously, seeing as how I read this entire book today.

I recommend it but do be forewarned that it is in fact a major tear-jerker.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment