Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Horror Film that changed my life...

I was just thinking back to Halloween 2 years ago when I at last found "The Blue Lady."  If you are one of my cousins, you have probably heard Morgan and I talk about "The Blue Lady."  The Blue Lady is an old women in a blue bathrobe from a horror movie we watch with our grandparents, LaLa and G'Daddy, when we were 6 or 7 years old.  I think Morgan and I were scarred for life thanks to this movie; I know I was at least.

2 years ago, I decided to use all of my memories of the movie to figure out ways to search for it.  Here's what I remembered:
1. Old Lady in blue bathrobe
2. murky pool
3. girl being murdered in bathroom stall
4. a bunch of girls living in a huge mansion together
5. an old man who helped them

Number 3 and 4 screamed "Sorority House" so I started searching for sorority horror films.  After about an hour, I found it!  It was The House on Sorority Row!  Here she is, The Blue Lady:

house8.jpg
When I found this picture to include, my heart stopped again despite some interesting facts I discovered when Leslie watched it with me in Summer of 2009... She wasn't even the killer?!?!?!?!  Apparently our grandparents made us stop watching before the end of the movie.  Either that or Morgan and I remembered the movie completely wrong (which is actually quite possible seeing as how young and traumatized we were).

So if you are wondering if I'll let my kids watch horror movies young... DEFINITELY NOT!  I had so many irrational fears thanks to this movie.  I don't want my kids to get scared unnecessarily.  Kristi had me watch Friday the 13th movies with her, and I remember being afraid of Jason coming to get me at camp.  Definitely want to shelter the babies from the horror films for a few more years... At least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment