Thursday, July 28, 2011

10 things I learned on Facebook!


1.  It's not a wise idea to post when you are hurt/angry, even if you have the right to your feelings.  You will AWLAYS end up looking immature and anything but classy. (Yes, I made that mistake and learned from it.  Save some time/pain and learn from my mistake)

2. "Holding a grudge is like letting someone you don't like live rent free in your head/heart." (Such a wise, wise person posted that as a status.)

3.  Amy Winehouse died.

4. The Search bar and the status bar are way too close together--I once posted a status with a name of someone I was planning to FB-stalk.  Hopefully no one saw :).

5. Passive-aggressive posts are always taken personally, and usually by the wrong person.  If it's someone I am at least semi-close to, I do wonder for a minute if I should be worried that it's directed towards me.

6. Instagram is an AWESOMELY easy photo-edit app. (Thank you, Lauren Gibson)

7."If you can't tone it, tan it." (I don't recall who posted this but I LOVE it!)

8. Be careful when choosing to unfriend someone.  If you realize you acted in haste/anger, it's hard to explain what happened when you re-friend them (or may make it impossible to do).  When in doubt, put them on limited profile so they can't see/post anything.  If you make amends, it's easiest to rectify the situation when all you have to do is remove them from the limited view.

9. That there were going to be a lot of consecutive ice-days in a row! (Every afternoon I watched for the firs person to announce our school district was closed the next day)

10. And my fave: "'Let's eat Grandma!' vs. 'Let's eat, Grandma!'  Punctuation saves lives!" (Pretty sure this is from Julie Mullins Penisten)

XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. I'm really too lazy to make the different groups for different views, but being a teacher, I think it is brilliant.

    I learned that there is more good than bad, that people care and the hive brain is superior than my own.

    ReplyDelete