Thursday, July 7, 2011

L-J's Review of This Time Together, Laughter and Reflection by Carol Burnett

As I've mentioned on multiple occasions, I LOVE celebrity memoirs and after reading This Time Together, Laughter and Reflection, I am eager to read more from older Hollywood Royalty.  Carol Burnett, known for her comedic timing, delivers in every chapter of this memoir.  Her style is short and to the point, giving the necessary information to setup an anecdote while not overwhelming the reader with unnecessary details.  In fact, anecdotal is the best word to describe her tale.  Each chapter is extremely short and immensely entertaining.  She had me laughing out loud incessantly, making the story impossible to put down.  I began the book at about 7pm last night and with constant interruptions (including 10 hours of sleep), I finished at 12:30pm today.

I highly recommend this memoir.  It is definitely one of my favorites.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment