Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Night 3 of Bedtime Training

To begin, let me just brag about the kids!  Last night, Kailee woke up about 9pm for some water but she went right back to sleep in her big girl bed.  Both kids slept all night in their beds in their rooms and Kailee even got up cheerfully at 5:50.  She would have slept longer but I discovered Major took out his anger about Brady being gone by pooping ALL OVER Kailee's bedroom.  I woke her up while cleaning it up.

Right now it's 6:59pm and Kailee is in bed.  We got home, ate, and then Kailee proceeded to throw fit after fit and hit, kick, punch, throw things at us to the point that the only option is to put her to bed.  She's SUPER-fussy and my patience is gone.  I kept her in time out for 10 minutes waiting for her to stop screaming (the doctor says the two minutes cannot start until she stops screaming) and she NEVER STOPPED.  I captured a picture of her intentionally gagging herself.  I'm ready to pull my hair out so I got her out only to have to take another 5 full minutes to get her to calm down.
This is my 2-year-old intentionally gagging herself in time out.  Can we say drama queen?
As I type, Gavin is watching TV in his room and Kailee is fighting her early bedtime by rolling around and sitting up.  We'll see how this goes...

XOXO,


UPDATE @8:19pm - I allowed Kailee to get up and watch some DoodleBops at 7:30.  At 7:50, we went through our new bedtime routine with protests from both kids.  As of 8:15, both kids were out.  Hopefully they stay out all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment