Sunday, April 22, 2012

When you're right, you're right

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."  Matthew 5:10

Today I am proud to say I stood firm in my faith and was persecuted on behalf of the Lord.  Today I had the opportunity to accept and be silent or voice what I truly believe God would want, and despite fear, I did it and I'm proud even after all the ramifications and being truly hurt by close friends who did not defend my character because they did not agree with my opinion. (Though my best friends sure did when I needed them most).

Basically, I expressed my belief that it is inappropriate to allow a non-Christian to be the leader of a strongly-Christian affiliated organization.  I don't care if the person is a good, moral person.  If they are not a Christian, they should not lead a Christian organization.  This is not discrimination.  This is common sense.  I am sure a Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, etc group would not have a Christian leader if it were strongly religion-based.  Because of this opinion, I was basically called a bigot and treated like a pariah, by other Christians, including my friends.  I still do not understand their problem.  I was completely disrespected and attacked by "Christians" which was very hard being that I am someone who values respect very much.  I am glad to say that I maintained my integrity and demonstrated respect throughout.

People put words in my mouth and created their own stories in their heads about what I truly meant when suggesting that only a Christian should lead a Christian organization. They suggested I didn't think non-Christians should be allowed to join said group.  Never said that.  I think all faiths should be allowed to join a Christian organization. If you know me AT ALL, I'm about the most inclusive person in the world and avoid exclusion at all costs.  As Christians we should demonstrate Christ's love to everyone.  As the quote says, "You can preach a better sermon with your life than your lips."  I just think leadership should not be open to non-Christians in a CHRISTIAN GROUP.  I don't think this is such an outrageous idea.  

I mean, let's be honest... Jesus would want a Christian leading other Christians in Christianity.  That's not discrimination, that's the truth.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment