Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Night Two of Bedtime Training

First, let me start with an update over the entire night last night.  Basically, I was celebrating my success at 8:50pm when Kailee awoke with a horrible coughing fit--not the barking cough, just a regular old one.  She got very upset and would not calm down for about 20 minutes.  At that point I gave her the option of where to sleep and she chose her pack-n-play.  She proceeded to cough ALL.  NIGHT.  LONG.  I kept dozing off only to be awakened again by her coughing and crying.  Then I woke up low at 1:30am.  Needless to say, we were both a bit grumpy this morning, though Gavin was well-rested and cheerful as can be :).  That's the silver lining.

So tonight we had to do baths.  I started them at 7:15 to make sure we'd stay on track for getting in bed at 8.  We were waaaaay faster tonight (even with the bath) so both kids were in bed by 7:45.  It is currently 7:58 and Gavin is definitely asleep; unsurprisingly, Kailee is still stirring, though once she's out, she should sleep well.  The doctor gave the okay for her to have the cough medicine from when she had the flu a month ago while also taking the steroid for croup.  The sweetie-pie needs a good night's rest.  As I type, I'm watching her watch me.  Hopefully she's asleep by 8:30 so I can get in some me time and still go to bed early.

While I'm glad for the opportunity to sleep train, I miss Brady so much.  It's so lonely without him here :(.

XOXO,


UPDATE @8:22pm - Kailee took her time but she's asleep.  I'm hoping she sleeps better tonight having had cough medicine :).

No comments:

Post a Comment