Saturday, April 7, 2012

Twas the night before Easter

I cannot believe I gave up fast food for Lent and stuck it out.  The last time I ate any fast food, it was on February 21st, and it was Taco Bueno.  I have missed Taco Bueno and have been crazy-craving Jack-N-The-Box Tacos.  I will not have either tomorrow (we are having La Hacienda Ranch for Easter dinner) but I will likely have one of those Monday or Tuesday--we'll see how long I can hold out!

So much has happened over Lent that no one knows about because I've been off Facebook.  Here's a list of things that I would have put on Facebook, but could not:

1. Prayers for a former student who lost his younger sister to an unknown heart condition unexpectedly.
2. Kailee had the flu and I spent 4 days of a 5-day work week home with her.
3. Gavin is going to summer school to work on his reading, writing and math skills.  It's optional but I've heard great things about it.
4. Brady is out of town for 2 weeks (I'm sure I'll post all about that still this coming week)
5. 5 years ago last Sunday we had our horrible car accident, on the way to church, on Palm Sunday.  April 1st was Palm Sunday again this year.  This made me scared to go to church.  Sad, but true.
6. Last Sunday I had to call the paramedics for Kailee when she woke up from her nap making a strange sound when she breathed and grabbing at her throat.  Thankfully it was just croup!  I paid $150 to get a $10 steroid prescription at the ER.  I definitely do not like it when Palm Sunday falls on April 1st.
7. This week I put in much effort establishing a bedtime routine with the kids.  It's going great!
8. Major got mad that Brady was gone so he pooped all over Kailee's room one night while she was asleep in her bed.
9. Kailee currently has a double ear infection and sinusitis.
10. Gavin is getting so tall.  It really is freaking me out.
11. Brady and I saw Hunger Games.  Afterwards, when I asked if he liked it, he said, "It was good but they seem to have set themselves up for a sequel."  He missed the memo about the trilogy...
12. I read the Millennium Trilogy and LOVED all three books.  Brady watched all 3 Swedish films and I've seen the first.  When he's back in town we plan to rent the American version of the first.
13. I've been crazy obsessed with working out--more so than usual.  In fact, I should complete workout #70 tomorrow.
14. I survived the crazy tornados in DFW with approximately 50-60 students in my room.  
15 I got retweeted by Dolvett from The Biggest Loser during the tornado stuff!  He said we had his prayers :).
16. Brady and I cleaned out our entire house and reorganized with the help of my mom.
17. We got a maid!  I don't care that we are paying kind of a lot; I don't have to clean anymore!!!!
18. I had so much fun last weekend hanging out with the fam and hosting Leslie and Charlie here!
19. All the baby stuff is gone!  We are so glad that Leslie and Charlie's baby boy will be enjoying it all!
20. I would have wished happy birthday to many people I'm sure, including Morgan, Ramsey, Shannon, and Erika.
21. I would have congratulated people FINALLY announcing their pregnancies on Facebook, Leslie and Shannon.

I'm sure there's so many things I'm forgetting, but oh well!  Less than 4 hours until I can get back on there!  Exactly 3 hours and 53 minutes!

XOXO,

PS: Kailee is still awake as I post this.  Will I ever get off the hallway floor and be able to workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment