Thursday, August 4, 2011

L-J's Review of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald

As I was looking for an audiobook before a recent road trip, I saw this one for only $.99.  I decided it was worth the dollar even if I didn't like it.  I figured, based on the movie, the story would at least be entertaining.  Sadly, it was not at all like the movie.  While the movie was filled with action and intrigue, making the viewers care about what happens, the story itself does none of this.  I guess that's why they say the movie is "loosely" based on the story by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

This is one of the few times I've ever liked a movie better than the book.  I do not recommend this book unless you like F. Scott Fitzgerald as an author.  This is my first experience with him and it does not make me eager to read The Great Gatsby or anything else by Fitzgerald.


XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment