Tuesday, August 9, 2011

L-J's Review of Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush

Spoken from the Heart is a memoir of our former First Lady's life.  From small-town beginnings in Midland, Laura Bush had no ambitions to be the future president's wife.  Did you know she was a teacher?  Did you know she was a librarian?  Did you know she and George did not get married all that young?  Did you know they would have loved to have more children and in fact almost adopted before being blessed with their girls?  I did not know any of these things.

This memoir is detailed, honest and classy.  The reader feels a kinship with Bush and every word does seem to be spoken from the heart.  It is apparent that Bush is very thankful for every experience and every person she's met.  This book makes me want to meet her, though I'd be tongue-tied and have nothing useful to say.

I recommend it!  My only complaint was the small font, but that was my copy from the library :).

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment