Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2nd or 3rd generation remedy :)


Growing up, I had stomach aches FREQUENTLY.  I remember praying that I didn't have a stomach ache on days we had big plans--like Christmas, family gatherings, Six Flags, Wet 'N Wild, Krause Springs, etc.  It really was random when I got them because as a creature of habit, I typically ate the exact same things everyday.

On one occasion, my mom told me to lay on my left side, and it worked!  Of course, the stomach ache would only stay away as long as I was lying on my left side, meaning the remedy was really only available when around the house.  Nevertheless, I still would try to use my trick when out in public if I was in enough pain.  When on a school trip to London in between 7th and 8th grade, I had such a severe stomach ache that I went to the infirmary at Hampton Court Palace to lie down.  They were very accommodating but the leader of our trip accused me of faking to get attention.  In all honesty, I HATED the attention I got when having to deal with my annoying ailment.  Back then I was horribly shy; thus, I did everything possible to avoid extra notice.

But back to the present, today, Gavin ate a Pop-Tart and then told me he had a stomach ache (I know I know, the source of his pain is obvious).  Instinctively, I told him to lie down on his left side on the couch.  I had to help him get situated with a blanket, but my remedy worked.  His tummy is all better now! :)

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment