Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mmmm Delicious! Brady's Nachos!


I spent the summer of 2005 in Vermont with Brady and while I was there, I was homesick for good 'ole Tex-Mex.  Brady decided to make me nachos and accidentally bought ground sausage instead of ground beef.  He thought, "What the heck?  We'll give it a try," and invented what became my favorite nacho recipe.

After browning the ground sausage, layer chips on a microwave-safe plate.  Then add refried beans that have already been warmed on the stove.  Next, throw on some ground sausage and top it with shredded cheese.  Finally, heat it in the microwave for 60 seconds to melt the cheese.

Brady hasn't made this awesome dish very often in recent years because Gavin would not even try it.  Tonight, after at least 10 attempts, Gavin FINALLY tried it and he LOVED it!  Kailee of course scarfed hers down--but she's not our picky eater.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment