Saturday, February 5, 2011

L-J's Review of Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella

Snow days are great for catching up on reading (when you aren't chasing around small children).  Yesterday, I decided to start another Sophie Kinsella novel,  Remember Me.

As I updated my reading status on Goodreads.com, I glanced down at my friends' reviews and saw that 2 of my friends really LOVED this book so my expectations were high--which of course, is often dangerous for optimists like me who often get disappointed by high expectations.  This book delivered!  I was hooked from the start and stayed that way throughout.

The premise of this book is that Lexi has awoken after a car accident and her last memory is from 3 years before.  She does not remember getting as thin/beautiful as she is, getting married, getting the job she has.  This book takes us through her rediscovery of her life figuring out how she became the person she is.  I was wondering how the author could make it plausible as Lexi's personality changed 100% but she pulled it off.  Obviously this was a well-planned out novel.

This book is a great quick read.  I started it and finished it within 12 hours (and that wasn't 12 hours of sitting and reading as I was busy chasing after the children).  I could not put it down.  I had to know what happened.  I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, fast, lighthearted read.

No comments:

Post a Comment