Thursday, February 3, 2011

This/Last week's TV shows recap

As I’ve been stuck inside basically all week, I’ve had time to catch up on some shows....  Here are my thoughts on what I’ve been watching this week:
Talk about a great show!  I am not sure where they are going with it all though they definitely somewhat follow the books.  I was excited to see that they are incorporating the Spencer “blackouts,” though they haven’t called them that yet.  I’m curious to see where they go with that plot line in the next episode.  I’m also interested to see how far they can take this series as they are already jumping into stuff further along in the series.  Guess we’ll see.... For now, I’m hooked!
LOVE this show!  I am curious to see what's going to happen with the whole Hallie/Alex thing with her parents.  I get why her parents are concerned about her dating an older guy who lives on his own and who is a recovering alcoholic, but I agree with Camille that they may be fighting the wrong battle.
I am soooo glad the other twin guy went home.  Dan and Don were such a waste of contestants on the show.  Both are so condescending and act like they are above the trainers' advice.  They drove me absolutely nuts.  It didn't matter as much to me who of the unknowns went home; I just didn't want another one of the ranch teams to leave.  We've spent more time with them, so I like those teams more.
Vampire Diaries (last week’s)
I was hopeful that they would find a cure for the wolf-bite but apparently there is not one.  I am not sure how I feel about the Caroline-Tyler relationship but I don’t really like Matt.  Having read some of these books, I can say they have mostly strayed away from the books with some elements staying the same--Tyler as a werewolf, Klaus (though he hasn’t appeared on the series, just mentioned), Catherine returning.  
Cougar Town (Last week’s)
Can I just say, I LOVE this show.  It’s like Monica is back with a whole new group of friends.  I love the chemistry between the characters!  On this episode, it cracked me up watching them play Sardines.  My cousins and I used to play that game all the time growing up.  While watching, it made me think, “Oh my God, I’m Jules.”  I was (and still am though hopefully not as bad as an adult) a total control freak and would only play what I wanted to play.  If I didn’t want to do it, I’d throw a fit and eventually everyone would pretty much give in.  
Harry’s Law (The Pilot)
I had 3 episodes recorded and finally watched the Pilot.  I LOVED this show.  I love the quirky characters.  My favorite part by far was when the neighborhood “security” guy came by to ask for $200 to protect the law office.  Kathy Bates’ response was so well-written and bad-a**.  I definitely will keep watching this show.
I was shocked on this episode to hear that one of the moms gives her daughter coffee to get her going.  She’s like 6!  The last couple of episodes, the pixistix have been insane and I did see one episode last season where they gave the little girl red bull.  These moms get a bit nutty!  I love how you often see girls at each pageant that have been featured on the show already.  This terror MacKenzie (sp) was in the same group as 2 of this episode’s girls.  She’s quite SCARY when she doesn’t have her “nee-nee” (paci).  I was satisfied with who won overall.  She really was the best of the ones shown.
Yes, I realize this show is not current but I love it!  I just watched the episode where Rory returns to Stars Hollow after spending the summer in Europe with Emily and Luke has returned to Lorelai after helping his sister and TJ deal with injuries.  Lane also is realizing she has feelings for Zack.  I love the fairly clean drama that happens on this happy show.  I miss this show!
Now that I’ve wasted days watching TV, I think I’ll go read a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment