Friday, February 25, 2011

Thankful

I am thankful that Gavin wears out the name "Mommy."

I am thankful that Kailee is shrill.

I am thankful that Gavin asks the same question 50 times a day.

I am thankful that Kailee climbs on everything and about gives me a heart attack.

I am thankful that Gavin talks back to me sometimes.

I am thankful that Kailee can destroy a perfectly clean room in less than 5 minutes.

I am thankful that Gavin sometimes gets poop all over his hands when wiping.

I am thankful that Kailee got poop all over her face last weekend.

I am thankful that these are the things that I normally complain about. 

I am thankful that I only have trivial worries. 

I am thankful that both of my children are healthy.

It is so easy to get caught up in the minor annoyances of daily life and become very stressed about these things.  The reality is, I have it pretty easy in the long scheme of things.  Our priest has said on two occasions that when parents complain to him about messy rooms, he says, "Go to Children's Medical Center and tell those parents about your complaints.  I guarantee you they'd switch worries in a heartbeat."  I have it lucky.  I am truly blessed, and today I am counting my blessings instead of my sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment