Thursday, February 10, 2011

So proud of Kailee!!!!

The paci...

Gavin gave up the paci on his own by the time he was 15 months old.  I think my last picture of him with a paci in his mouth was at the age of 14 months.  I realize this is not the norm but boy were we lucky!

Kailee LOVES her paci.  Loves loves LOVES it.  Her childcare center has been wonderful about not allowing her to have it except at the very end of the day for months.  During Snowmageddon last week, I took it a step further and made it where she only got it in her crib.  Her school was 100% on board with us this week, and her teachers even said they thought she could go without it at nap.  I said, "Give it a try if you want. I have tried and failed, but I know kids test Mommy and Daddy more than anyone else."  Today they gave it a try and she did it!  She fell asleep and took a nap sans paci!!!!  THIS IS HUGE!  If she handles it well again tomorrow, I'm going to re-attempt it myself on Saturday at home.  I'm so unbelievably proud of our little lady!

Oh and did I mention she also got her 15 and 18 month shots before naptime?  What a big girl to deal with all of that and then go without the paci for nap!  So proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment