Thursday, March 3, 2011

Open House with my 2 kids

Before the official night began, Gavin, Kailee and I were eating dinner with my department.  I was talking about something to do with another teacher at another school named Jillian.  I couldn't remember her last name so Gavin leaned in and whispered, "Mommy, her last name is Michaels."  So cute, so helpful, but not the same Jillian! :)


Highlights:
~Kailee finding a peanut and almost eating it (she's allergic)
~Gavin being obsessed with a co-worker who he practically would not let out of his sight
~Kailee requesting that a young, male janitor pick her up and then blowing him kisses goodbye
~Gavin refusing to leave aforementioned colleague's classroom while she tried to talk to her students' parents
~Kailee requesting to be picked up by one of my student's dad
~Gavin farting something silent-but-deadly before slipping out of my classroom while a parent was trying to talk to me
~Kailee waving and saying "Hi!" to all the parents in the hallway
~Gavin taking my Peruvian flute/recorder/thingy into the aforementioned colleagues classroom and beginning to play it while she was talking to parents

Thankfully Brady arrived at that time and whisked the kids home.  As for my experience with the parents, I had 8 total.  8!  I have 158 students and only 8 came.  Oh well.  What can ya do?

No comments:

Post a Comment