Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fantabulous Weekend Recap!

I love when God makes everything fall into place--even when somewhat trivial things workout.  While some might find it silly to attribute what I'm about to write to divine intervention, I firmly believe God is a part of our every move even if we do have free will.  Therefore, I thank God for my wonderful weekend!

So...  Friday, I took a half-day in order to take Kailee to the doctor and be able to get to a get-together by 5.  When I got home. Brady told me that he was taking the kids to Ennis to spend time with the grandparents.  My husband wanted to give me the gift of time to myself without the responsibility of taking care of the kids.  That's a pretty awesome gift!  So kudos and thanks to you, Brady (even though I know he has NEVER read our blog and likely won't see this)!

Now, this sounds great anyway, but wait, it gets better.  At dinner with the girls, none other than one of my BFFs, Shannon surprises us all by showing up all the way from Waco!  Translation: Houseguest (haha, funny since her last name is Guest).  Even with the kids home, she would have a place to sleep at my casa but without the kids, it meant we could stay up late--woohoo, we made it until 10pm!--sleep in (yeah that didn't really happen) and then go to brunch with all the girls!  While yes, all of this could happen with the kids, it would have made the logistics a little more difficult and would have made it a lot less fun for me having to entertain 2 kids at Cafe Brazil on Saturday morning while trying to socialize with my friends.  I was even able  to catch a movie with my friend Kalea (not to be confused with my toddler Kailee) before picking up the kids.  That certainly would not have happened had the kids been around because Brady had to work on Saturday.

I almost cried at the culmination of these 24 hours, not because I was sad but because it was exactly what I needed.  What a great gift!  On a side note, you know you are a mom when you miss your kids even while totally taking advantage of the fact that they are not in your care.  I needed the time, but I could not wait to see my babies!

The rest of the weekend has been fun too.  I ate some great seafood at Flying Fish in Addison on Saturday night and got to enjoy another great week of Sunday school this morning.  Today we briefly talked about what people consider miracles and how some people ignore the little things and don't consider them miracles.  That is why I thank God for the weekend.  To some, it may not seem a miracle, but to me everything working out as it did was a miracle.  I'll take all the little miracles I can get!

1 comment:

  1. In a minor way your story about Sunday School and miracles realting to how your weekend went reminds me of the family avoiding the flood praying for God to help them. And he sends help, but they miss it everytime because they expect something much more "obvious". It is truly great that you had the chance to take a step back and be thankful for the seemingly "minor" miracles in your life this weekend! These are the things that make a happy wife, happy mommy, and happy LIFE. May you feel HIS blessings everyday!

    ReplyDelete