Friday, January 21, 2011

Another insulin pump convo with Gavin

Gavin and I had another conversation about my insulin pump yesterday.  It went something like this:

Gavin: Mommy, did you take your medicine?  The one that keeps you from dying?
Me: Yes I am still taking it.
Gavin: Why did you take it off?  Remember when you took it off a long time ago?  I told you not to.
Me: Sweetie, that was when I had to change out the insulin cartridge.
Gavin: Are you going to die?
Me: No, Baby!  I promise I will take my medicine so I can stay here with you.  You don't need to worry.  I promise you!
Gavin: Good.

Poor Gavin!  I don't want him to be worrying about this so young.  I always worried that something was going to happen to my mom and/or Dean.  I used to have to get "one more hug" over and over again before I'd leave or let them leave.  I did not overcome that issue until I was an adult.  I don't want Gavin to be inhibited by fear like I always was.

No comments:

Post a Comment