Saturday, January 15, 2011

Where a song can take you...

It's funny how hearing a song can take you back to a moment or time period in your life.  For example...

Madonna's Like a Prayer takes me back to figure skating at Plaza of the Americas around the age of 6.

Bryan Adam's Everything I do (I do it for you) takes me back to riding around in a babysitter's car (Erin) with Sarah Kirby.

Celine Dion and Alannis Morisette take me back to middle school.

I swear,  Boyz II Men songs, and a lot of Green Day songs take me back to Camp Sweeney dances every summer.

Pretty much anything by *NSYNC or BSB takes me back to high school and early college.

Nelly's Hot in Herre and Ludacris's What's yo fantasy take me back to college.

Usher's Yeah takes me back to the summer before I met Brady

Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway takes me back to when Brady and I first got together.  It was playing on the radio when Brady was driving on our first date.

Ciara's Oh takes me back to the summer Brady and I spent in Vermont...

Nick Lachey's What's left of me takes me back to when Gavin was a baby (it was played all the time that summer, if I remember correctly).

Flo Rida's Low and Jordan Sparks's No air take me back to the spring of house hunting and moving

There are many more I could reference.  It's so crazy how you can hear a song and it just transports you back in time.  I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Great post and so true! To this day every time I hear Amy Grant's Baby Baby it takes me back to elementary school and being in the gym at PE and playing whatever sport or activity we were doing while listening to that song, and I am sure countless others.

    ReplyDelete