Saturday, January 22, 2011

L-J's review of Notorious Royal Marriages: A Juicy Journey Through Nine Centuries of Dynasty, Destiny, and Desire

This book, Notorious Royal Marriages: A Juicy Journey Through Nine Centuries of Dynasty, Destiny, and Desire, is a non-fictional look at various European Royal marriages throughout history.  It was a fun, engaging read and is something I'd recommend to anyone interested in what can only be called royal gossip.  As an avid fan of current celebrity gossip, of course I'm also obsessed with historical gossip.

My only complaint is that my own fault.  I have already read much on Henry the VIII and his 6 wives, thus making those 6 chapters a little boring for me.  

After reading this book, I discovered a trilogy of movies about one of the couples included, Franz Josef I of Austria and his wife Elisabeth of Bavaria (Sissi).  All three of the movies can be found on Netflix instant play right now.  I already have watched the first 2.  Unsurprisingly, the relationship between the two is much more loving and romantic in the movie than in the historical accounts, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I realize this is not an in-depth review but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed this book, could not wait for a chance to continue reading it, and now plan to read another book by the same author: Royal Affairs: A Lusty Romp Through the Extramarital Adventures That Rocked the British Monarchy.


                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment