Saturday, January 22, 2011

L-J's Review of Barbara Walter's Audition

Barbara Walter's is such a fascinating human being.  I have been listening to her Monday afternoon radio program off and on for a few years now and used to watch 20/20 on Friday nights after TGIF at my great-grandparents' house.


Before beginning to read the memoir, I read a review in which the critic basically said it was a name-dropping extravaganza. Well, hello! She's been in news-casting FOREVER. That's half the reason for reading her autobiography; at least it was half of why I read it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, though she often went off on tangents and some parts seemed to be random ramblings of memories.  I did not mind it because I feel it's how I remember things in my life.


Overall, it was a fascinating read.  I'm a fan!



No comments:

Post a Comment