Saturday, January 22, 2011

L-J's Review of Something Borrowed


I was looking for some fun, fast chick-lit and this book delivered.  It was fast-paced, entertaining and fun.  I loved all the supporting characters, especially Ethan in England and Hillary.  My only complaint is how it all came together rather quickly at the end.  I also feel like it left the reader hanging, wanting more.  Perhaps that was the author's intention as I'm fairly certain
 Something Blue is a sequel.

The main thing I can say about this book is that it's one of those where you just love the supporting characters.  I loved them more than I loved the main character.  The main character was kind of blah.  Don't get me wrong, I rooted for Rachel throughout, but she was blah nevertheless.

I look forward to seeing this book brought to life in the movies this spring/summer.  I am curious to see how Kate Hudson pulls off the role of Darcy though I DEFINITELY agree with the choice of Ginnifer Goodwin as Rachel.  My only reservations about Kate Hudson is that she is absolutely adorable and such a lovable character is all of her movies.  We'll see if she can pull off the girl we all hate.




No comments:

Post a Comment