Monday, January 3, 2011

The things kids learn from each other...

I am sure Gavin has taught his friends good and bad things but it always amuses me when he picks up things from others.  I recognize the things we say of course, but always ask where he learned something that I know we don't really say.

Today after school I heard him saying "Holy Guacamole."  I asked him where he got that saying and he said his friend Ethan said it first.  I think he was worried he'd get in trouble for saying it (already at 4, he is VERY aware that there are good words and bad words).  I thought it was adorable and now will try to say that instead of my usual "Holy crap." (or worse).

After this conversation he said, "Do you want to know what word we learned today at school?  Oooh-la-la!"  He was so proud to tell me.  I'm not too sure how glad Daddy is that he likes to say that, but I think it's pretty darn cute.  See, Mom, I'm working on my language too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment