Sunday, April 10, 2011

L-J's Review of Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

Last summer, I discovered how much I could enjoy some audiobooks while on long road trips.  I had tried listening to Harry Potter novels but the narrator's voice made me drowsy--not ideal for driving.  After listening to all 4 Twilight Novels on CD, I decided to download Tori Spelling's latest (at the time), Mommywood.  I LOVED listening to her read her story.  It made long road trips alone fly by.  Fast forward to this spring break when I headed to Austin to go wedding dress shopping with Leslie.  I downloaded Uncharted TerriTori and iTunes recommended Chelsea Handler's book Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea.  I decided to go ahead and get it too.  Because it's length was 6 hours, I decided to begin with Chelsea's book.  I figured it would last both ways of the trip.  I ended up not finishing it on the road and had to wait for opportunities to listen sans kids--it is definitely not appropriate for kids!


My attention was held by this book but I won't go so far to say I liked it.  There were many moments where I was shocked by things she said or did.  I realize that's part of her persona but I didn't really like it.  I prefer the genuine sweetness from the likes of Tori Spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment