Tuesday, April 19, 2011

L-J's Review of Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse #9) by Charlaine Harris

Before beginning Dead and Gone, I tried to find synopses of all the prior novels to refresh my memory of what had happened.  I still don't remember a lot but after reading this book, I understand why.  So much stuff happens in one book, let alone in the 8 I had already read.  I kept a running synopsis on Goodreads  as I read this one for future reference.  Basically, A LOT  happened.

This novel focuses mostly on the shapeshifters revealing themselves to the world (about a year after the vampires had done so) and the war going on in the fairy world.  There's a lot of action, some romance, and a lot of death.  I am not a fan of all the death but it's a part of the novels.  I think I'm becoming desensitized to it in these supernatural books.

Regardless, I enjoyed the book because I love the series.  I am curious to read #10 and then 11 when it comes out soon.  I'm invested enough in the series to keep with it, though I definitely will keep running synopses from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment