Saturday, April 2, 2011

L-J's review of Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins

As soon as I finished The Hunger Games, I was DYING to know what happened next.  I downloaded Catching Fire and finished it in 2 days.


The story continues with us unsure of what will become of the main characters (I don't want to give anything away by naming names).  At the end of The Hunger Games, I wasn't sure where the series was headed and how it could possibly last for 2 more novels.  I feel a little stupid that the direction it's headed did not occur to me at all.  I think I was too engrossed to see the obvious.  It's kind of like the saying, "You can't see the forest for the trees."  I was too focused on the details to see the much bigger picture.  

Catching Fire threw me for a loop SEVERAL times and kept me wanting more.  There's nonstop action up to the last page which of course leaves the reader eager for whatever comes next.  Now that I have an idea of what the ultimate goal is, I am excited to see it play out.  I'm sure the next novel will have it's fair share of action, romance and of course pain/death.

No comments:

Post a Comment