Friday, April 1, 2011

L-J's review of Hunted by P. C. Cast & Kristin Cast


This is #5 of the House of Night novels by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.  They are a vampire series about an adolescent who discovers she's a vampire (it's not your typical vampire storyline) and then has to go to the House of Night for her new life.  The series begins more or less lighthearted and reminds me of Harry Potter/Hogwarts.  As does Harry Potter, it turns darker the further along the story progresses through the series.


But this is a review of #5 in the series, Hunted...  I have been trying to get this book FOREVER.  I am washing my hands of it less than 200 pages in and am moving on.  I love the first few of these books but the further in I get, the more irritated I get with Zoey.  I just don't like her.  I mean, come on, pick a guy!  I don't like her wish-washy-ness at all.  The other characters are very fun and entertaining throughout, except for Heath who I also can't stand.  I think it's time for me to move on from this series.

So disappointed :(

While I strongly dislike this one in the series, the first few were really fun reads and difficult to put down.  I definitely enjoyed the other books in the series and recommend them as quick, entertaining reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment