Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's Official

I've given up Facebook for Lent.  I know it won't be easy--it's my quick boredom fix on my phone since it's accessible EVERYWHERE.  But that's the point.  What Christ did for us was not easy.  Giving up Facebook until the end of April doesn't even compare to Jesus' sacrifice.

In the past, I've always thought about giving up something or adding something to my life.  I'm pretty sure last year I added water to my daily life.  Yes, that might seem strange but to go from someone who had less than 1 glass of water a day to someone who has between 60-100 ounces a day is a huge change.  I did that and now it's part of my day-to-day.

I love Facebook.  I check it all the time.  It wasn't so bad before we had access at work but now it has become so easy to just click a tab and check what's up.  That is why I am giving it up.  I don't even plan to cheat--I grew up where we were allowed to cheat on Sundays.  I don't know if that was a family thing but I thought it was a church/denomination thing.  Now I'm not so sure.  Guess I should ask my mom, she would know!

Anyway, I will still update my blogs and I have a feeling I'll be on Twitter more than normal for awhile (@LJ_Barber), but goodbye Facebook.

Quick question: Is it cheating if I share this on FB?  There's a link on my blog to do that where I don't actually go anywhere near FB.  I don't think it's cheating but I don't want to be a hypocrite.  Let me know if you think it's cheating...

No comments:

Post a Comment