Friday, March 18, 2011

L-J's Review of Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella


I started this book a few weeks ago and hadn't really gotten into it.  The premise was not something I was sure I could ever get into--the main character Lara is haunted by her Great Aunt that she hardly knew.  The only reason I decided not to give up on it was that I have thoroughly enjoyed EVERY Sophie Kinsella novel I've read.  I love her style, I always laugh out loud, and frankly she always writes the best male leads that seduce the reader right along with the heroine.  These men always find a way to appreciate the crazy that is the mental make-up of the main girl.  It's a modern fairy tale.


Usually Sophie Kinsella's character's have fun, engaging, laughable inner-dialogs.  This book was no exception; however there was also a lot of dialog between Lara and her Aunt Sadie that normally would have been inner-dialog.  I LOVED it.  It was a fun, flirty read though I definitely teared up a few times.

If you loved the Shopaholic series, Remember Me, Can you Keep a Secret?, and/or The Undomestic Goddess, you too will love Twenties Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment