Sunday, March 27, 2011

L-J's Review of Daniel's Gift by Barbara Freethy


I follow @NookBN on Twitter and the other day it mentioned that Daniel's Gift by Barbara Freethy was only $2.99.  Of course I jumped at the chance for cheap chick-lit.  Of course, cheap in a Nook Book often means typos which did get a bit annoying as I read.


This book is the story of a tragedy that reunites former lovers.  It is akin to a Nicholas Sparks novel though not as sophisticated or well-written.  I cried my way through the entire book and could not help but put myself in the heroine's shoes.  My favorite aspect of the book was that it definitely had a Christian perspective.  It showed how things happen for a reason and that God is often trying to teach us or show us something.

It's not my favorite book but I enjoyed it enough to zip through it.  I was intrigued from the beginning and had to know what was going to happen.  If you are looking for a good sappy novel with people learning life lessons, then you will enjoy Daniel's Gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment