Saturday, March 5, 2011

"You're not in char." & "You're not the bost."

Yes, Gavin has found what might be the most ANNOYING way to talk back.  Here's an example of what we are dealing with at Casa Barber these days:

Me: Gavin, you need to go pick up your toy off the floor or else Sadie might chew it up.
Gavin: You're not in char of me.
Me: Don't talk to me like that unless you want a consequence*,
Gavin: I said "char" not "charge," I didn't say what you said not to!

He's only 4!  Isn't he too young to figure out something THIS annoying????

*A consequence in our house means a drop of mild salsa on his tongue.  It's not even spicy but he's scared of it!  Interestingly enough, he sometimes eats chips and salsa a Chuys and that's not mild.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be good! How'd you even come up with that?!? It is funny how perception of hot varies in the little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. My duaghter has started to do the same thing. I find it funny that the salsa at home is scary but he eats Chuys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got the idea from Brady's sister :). It usually works to get him to stop doing most things.

    ReplyDelete